Wednesday, October 5, 2011


This fun quilt is Yolanda's!  I met Yolanda through Flikr.  She wanted modern quilting on her quilt.  Not a request I get very often.  I used an ice blue thread on the blues and charcoal thread on the black.  Warm and white batting....I had no problem with the white showing through the needle holes.  Her back was pieced with lots of seams and since the batting is pretty thin the seams stood up some...but since the quilting is pretty heavy...it pushed the seams right down and I was very pleased with that.  This quilt DID  NOT take 4 1/2 hours to quilt up.  :) !!  It was great challenging myself to some modern quilting.  Thanks for the chance to do that Yolanda!!

~Jenny~

9 comments:

  1. Love your quilting! Do you have a long waiting list for getting quilts done? And, do you ever baste quilts for other quilters on your longarm? Basting is my least favorite part of quilting! Just basted a queen size quilt today and my knees HURT! (this is Karin that lives in Skagit County)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You acheived a great modern look. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting on this is fabulous! It's got a wonderful modern feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love your quilting on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny - I love it! You are amazing - the quilting is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny...this is so neat. You are really doing some great work and I look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete