Thursday, February 9, 2012








I just finished Lisa's quilt and love how it turned out!  I knew I wanted to stick with the leaf theme through out!  My leaf inspiration comes from Kim S.  She's absolutely an amazing leaf quilter and I took one of her classes a few years back and bought her book Just Leaf It!  Thanks for the inspiration Kim!  I used bleached Hobbs 80/20 for the batting and a sewfine off white thread through out the whole quilt.  The only stitch in the ditch I did was around the border and I did continuous line quilting in the flying geese....except for the leafy vine parts.

For the leaf vines, I made my spine first then stitched from the bottom of the vine and up...with one side then the other. (made my petals first then put the vein in)
Lisa's piecing was superb!!  Oh so perfect and square!

~Jenny~

14 comments:

  1. jaw dropping amazing quilting Jenny!!! LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely quilting really sets this off Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilting is wonderful gave me a good Idea on my next
    flying geese strip quilt, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your leaves and I am also very impressed with how even your quilting designs are on the diagonal in the flying geese background. I know how hard that is to do on a longarm...or maybe it is just hard for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! The quilting blows me away, Jenny. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, Jenny!!! LOVE!!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a beautiful quilter, I really admire the cutome work you and other quilters do it really amazes me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my....this turned out gorgeous. I love all the different kinds of designs you used. Turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your leaves! Every time I say I'm going to do leaves for something different, my brain never switches over and I end up with feathers anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just followed the link from Kim's blog ... WOW what beautiful quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Jenny,
    you did a wonderful job, s-o-o-o beautiful the quilt and then quilting too!

    ReplyDelete